The DiOrio Society
The DiOrio Society recognizes and honors those who have made a commitment to preserve and enhance the current and future healthcare needs of our entire community by making a planned gift to Shore Medical Center. Your investment is an investment in future generations' chapters in life.
The DiOrio Society is named in honor of Joseph DiOrio, who served on the Shore Medical Center Board of Trustees for 50 years. Though Joe joined the Board in 1964, his commitment to Shore began long before when, as a young man, he performed odd jobs around the hospital. Joe served as Board Chair from 1974-1975 and in 2000 was honored by Shore employees for his dedication and commitment to the organization, awarding him an "Award of Gratitude" and naming DiOrio Hall in his honor.
Joe's impact on Shore Medical Center is immeasurable and will be felt for generations to come. He was an active leader involved in the growth and development of numerous programs and projects that provide the highest quality of healthcare, including the building of the Hayes Tower, the Cancer Center, and the Ben and Flora Baker Surgical Pavilion.
Through the DiOrio Society, Joe's 'chapter in life', as well as his passion and dedication to Shore Medical Center, will continue forever.
The following types of commitments qualify you for membership in the DiOrio Society:
- Bequest provision in your will
- Life income gift that names Shore Medical Center as a beneficiary (charitable gift annuity or charitable remainder trust)
- Gift of life insurance or retirement plan assets such as an IRA, 401(k), or 403(b)
- Charitable lead trust that provides income to Shore Medical Center for a donor's lifetime or term of years
Members of the DiOrio Society are provided with a variety of benefits, including:
- Lightkeeper's Society benefits based upon your specific gift
- Annual invitation to the President's reception
- Recognition in our Annual Report
- Invitations to private receptions, special events, and seminars
- Eligible for a naming opportunity based upon your specific gift
If you have already included Shore Medical Center in your estate plans please let us know by completing our Member Information Form, so that we may properly acknowledge your generosity and ensure your gift will be used as you intend. Your information remains confidential but will assist Shore in planning for the future.
If you are interested in leaving a legacy at Shore Medical Center and learning about the best options for you and your family, please contact us.